I hope you are all out enjoying this awesome weather, or at least have plans to later this afternoon! I am in denial that after today we will have a few days in a row of rainy weather.
Here are a few of the things happening at St. Paul's over the next few weeks:
Sunday, May 19 is Confirmation Sunday at the 10:30am and 1pm services, 30 of St. Paul’s young people will reaffirm their Baptism. Please keep them in your prayers as they are confirmed. Many thanks to the eight adults who have spent the last three years giving of their time and talents to mentor these young people. Please thank God for them in your prayers.
The Sunday of Memorial Weekend, May 26, will have a modified schedule to kick off the new summer schedule which begins the following Sunday, June 2. On Sunday, May 26, the worships services will be as follows:
· 8am—Traditional Service in the sanctuary
· 10am—Outdoor Service in the outdoor chapel: Bring chairs, blankets, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. Whatever you need to enjoy the service
· 11am—Picnic—Please bring a side dish or dessert to pass; the rest will be provided
The results from the summer worship survey and many conversations have led us to the decision to try something new this summer. This is just what it says: a summer worship experiment. Here is what our schedule will look like starting Sunday, June 2 through Labor Day:
· Sundays at 8am—Traditional Worship; no changes to this service
· Sundays at 9:15am—Outdoor Worship; Blended Worship
· Sundays at 10:30am—Simply Worship; a modified worship service with a modest offering of hymns, readings & sermon. (This service will be offered for the month of June to determine if there is enough interest to continue for the remainder of the summer)
· Wednesdays at 6:30pm—Family Worship; will meet in the sanctuary, format will remain the same with the worship team and children’s message, plus Tracey will be offering a Pray and Play time where children will be dismissed for the remainder of the service for a time of devotionals, crafts and games.
Monday, May 27 is Memorial Day; a Memorial Day service will be held at St. Paul’s at 8am in the Sanctuary. A cemetery service will be conducted at St. Paul’s cemetery around 10:15am. A brunch will be served at Salem Lutheran in Greenfield at approximately 10:45. Join us as we remember and honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend!!!
The 2019 Daily Texts Devotional Books
The 2019 Daily Texts devotional books are now available in the narthex for a suggested donation of $5. The devotionals contain Bible verses and prayers for each day of the year.
As of January 2019--All of the components in the chamber room have now been removed. Our builder and technician were able to leave the wooden structural portion and façade pipes up front so we will not have a huge hole to look at on Sunday mornings. There is quite a bit of work that needs to be done in the chamber room before we will be able to put the instrument back together, so it is now up to us to get that work done in order to proceed. When that is completed, the organ will be returned and reassembled with the new and/or fixed components. We do not have a firm timetable for a completion date, as more work is needed in the chamber than originally thought. The good news is the project is well underway!